February 7, 2011

My Personal Haunting

I can still feel your arms around me,
but I know you are not there.
I can still smell your scent,
but I still know you are not there.
I can still hear your voice saying my name,
i know you are not there.
Oh, how your memory haunts me.
I can still taste your kiss on my lips,
but I know you are not there.
I can even still see you there in the bed,
but I know you are not there.
You are still lingering about, everywhere,
But i know you are Not there!
Your memory haunts me, heart and soul.
I miss it, all of it, but please, let me go.
I am in agony, torn between present and past
Who I am, is drifting away fast.
I try to let you go, but I can't.
You are here, haunting me.
I feel like I am holding on to a dream,
a fantasy, my perfect fairy tale.
I can't have it though, your grip is too strong.
Please, I want freedom again, please let me go.
I am begging you, your memory is like a
chain and ball. I try to escape, but again I fall.
I remember the fire in your touch,
the electricity in your sweet embrace.
I remember the comforting fragrance of your skin,
the smell of your shirt, as I rest on your chest again.
I remember that voice, soft and smooth as you sang for me,
as you whispered how you missed me.
I remember the taste of your kiss, lingering on my lips.
That precious, spontaneous first kiss.
I remember you on the couch, sitting there as
you held me, and I held you close.
I am torn, even more. I can't let go and I want to move on.
Your memory captivates me, I can't get away from you.
I don't know what I should do.
Your memory is haunting me,
I need some light to lift the darkness.
This place terrifies me,
I am alone with my memories. I miss you,
and I love you, but if you have one shred
of love left for me, please let me go.
Let me move on, I do not want to forget,
I just want to move on.
Please let me go.
Please...

No comments:

Post a Comment